Daily Inspirational Quote August 9 2014

“Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.”
- motto of the Special Olympics


As I look around, I see so many people with great talent and abilities who are holding back from pursuing their dreams out of fear of failure. I also see a few people who have been stripped of capabilities we tend to take for granted who are bravely pursuing big goals. For example, I know a young man with a crippling disease who recently earned his black belt in karate, and a woman who was born mentally “retarded” who found a soul mate, fell in love and got married. If these brave souls can fulfill their dreams, surely we can too. While success is a wonderful thing to strive for, I think it’s enough to just have the courage to try with all our hearts.