Daily Inspirational Quote August 5 2014

“It is a strong proof of men knowing most things before birth,
that when mere children they grasp innumerable facts with such
speed as to show that they are not then taking them in
for the first time, but are remembering and recalling them.”
- Marcus Tullius Cicero


While child prodigies are often singled out as evidence of reincarnation, I believe we all have strengths, weaknesses and quirks that can be traced to past lives. For example, from very early childhood on, I always seemed to just know how to read and write. I passed every spelling test I was ever given with flying colors – except for when I would spell things the “English” way instead of the “American” way. While I’ve learned to use a “z” instead of an “s” in words like “recognize,” I still write “grey” instead of “gray.” At some point when I was in high school, I started to wonder how I came to know all I seemed to know about the English language, why it was so easy for me, and why I had such a hard time giving up my habit of spelling the English way, which of course I had never been taught. I believe it all stems from a past life in which I was well-versed in the English language. Ponder your own strengths and talents; while they are certainly divine gifts, perhaps you developed them in another life.