Bringing Peace, Hope, and Healing from the Other Side

An Excerpt from Expect the Unexpected

by Psychic Medium Bill Philipps

Psychic medium.

The term conjures images of a flashing neon sign suspended in a dark window of a rundown storefront on a desolate urban street. Inside is a shadowy room flush with metaphysical decor and the faint sound of New Age music. An ornately dressed woman with a deceiving smile sits behind a shiny deck of tarot cards, maybe even a crystal ball. She is anxiously waiting to spew vague claims and suck money from the vulnerable, who are seeking nothing more than a glint of hope to heal their pain or enhance their lives.

At least that’s how I envisioned one — until I discovered that I was one myself. As a six-foot-five-inch, thirty-one-year-old suburban businessman from Southern California with an operatic voice and a degree from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, I’m pretty confident that I shatter the stereotype. In fact, my entire life story defies belief.

I was the product of alcoholic and drug-addicted parents, witnessing filth as a child to which no one of any age should be subjected. I was kidnapped by my mom when I was six years old, hustled across the country from the West Coast to the East Coast, where I was homeless for most of the next three years. I was nine when I was shipped back to my dad because my mom couldn’t sober up enough to take care of me. And I was fourteen when I returned to New York to hold my mom’s hand and watch her die.

http://kajama.com/bringing-peace-hope-and-healing-from-the-other-side/