Daily Inspirational Message for April 28, 2014

“It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.”
- Hans Selye


I recently realized that I can make all kinds of things official “goals” that may not normally come to mind. For example, a certain individual has made the past couple of years extremely stressful for everyone else in the family, to the point where I’ve often found it difficult to remain centered in divine love. Once I decided that my goal was to no longer allow anything this individual does to stress me out, suddenly I was just plain OVER it. Maybe the key was finally learning via all my experiences that getting stressed out does absolutely no good anyway. The dramas continue to unfurl with ever more fury, but I’m impervious to it now, for I’ve decided that no matter what happens, I own my own serenity, and no one can take it from me.