Daily Inspirational Message for April 12, 2014

“When I was young I was sure of everything; in a few years, having been mistaken a thousand times,
I was not half so sure of most things as I was before; at present, I am hardly sure of anything
but what God has revealed to me.”
- John Wesley


I often feel funny about being in the role of spiritual advisor. After all, who am I to tell others what to do or how to live? I certainly don’t have all the answers. I do know, however, how to go about finding them within. I also believe that no matter who we are, feeling lost or unsure does not necessarily mean that we are lacking in wisdom or intelligence. Often, certainty simply belies ignorance. Perhaps feeling uncertain is a sign that we’re growing to view life in more a complex, holistic way. We don’t, after all, truly “know” anything that others have told or taught us; we only know what we personally perceive and experience.