Waiting for the Thaw

"It's about this time in the long stretch of winter that I begin to ache for spring. By March, I tend become a bit dulled to the beauty of winter. Though my prayer and meditation keep my heart open to seeing the passage of time and seasons with appreciative eyes, mostly I just want the cold days to be over. As the earth begins to thaw, we often want the process to hurry up. I long for bright flowers blowing in a spring breeze and warm summer evenings on the porch. While impatience with winter is only human, I pause and remember the need to move slowly through this time of year." What follows is a lovely meditation on waiting for the thaw, followed by three classic poems that capture aspects of this transitional time." 

DailyGood writer, Virginia May Drotar, shares more in this lovely piece.