The Alarm That Hijacks Your Love - Susan Campbell and John Grey

“I’ll be home late. Go ahead and have dinner without me.”

After hearing these words from her husband, Donna sat down and began to cry. “Eric’s such a workaholic,” she thought. “So busy all the time. And so tired. He never wants to talk or be intimate. What am I doing in this marriage?”

Donna was having another one of her inner conversations. She knew she should be having this conversation with Eric, but she feared Eric would just tune her out or be too distracted to listen. She thought, “I have to totally blow up if I want his attention. And that doesn’t really get me what I want. I don’t know what to do.”

Two hours later, Eric walked into the house carrying an armful of papers and books. Before he could get to his desk to put his papers down, Donna called out from the kitchen, “Well, it’s about time! What took so long?”

“Oh no,” Eric thought to himself, “I hardly get through the front door, and she starts in on me. I should have ...

http://kajama.com/alarm-hijacks-love/