Daily Inspirational Quote November 24 2014

“We spend all our time looking for some concept of Truth, but Truth is what is left when we drop all concepts.”
– David Merzel


I’ve been reading a historical book about Native Americans, and I’ve been struck by the simplicity of their outlook on life. Somewhere in the course of “civilization,” I believe we made life entirely too complicated. For example, I’ve been struggling for years now with a certain relationship rife with conflict. No matter what I do, this other person just refuses to embrace peace and harmony with me. While reading this book, it hit me: I’ve been trying way too hard to make things better. I don’t think a Native American warrior would spend years hemming and hawing about such a relationship; he’d act on his feelings and be done with it. I’m not suggesting we scalp people who tick us off, I just think that too often we get lost in our own civility, and forget how to boldly respond to life’s challenges.