Daily Inspirational Quote November 14 2014

“At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice.” – Maya Angelou

The other day I was talking to my husband about our relationship, and we were recalling how we used to fight much worse than we do these days. He brought up one time when I was so upset that I left. I got in my car and just drove around for a couple of hours, thinking. It was the middle of the night and the weather was bad, and he said he was more scared for our future together that night than at any other time. The craziest thing is that neither one of us can remember what the fight was even about. So many of the things we resist are meaningful only because we allow them to make us miserable. When the outcome is ultimately unimportant or beyond our control, perhaps the only way to truly win is to surrender.