Daily Inspirational Quote October 29 2014

“It is a lovely thing to turn away from busy work to pay attention to our loved things and loved ones. We know how we wait to be told we are important. We should never wait to say or think something beautiful that will make someone’s day easier and more secure.” – Joyce Sequichie Hifler

I have always been a high achiever. If there is a job to be done, you can count on me to complete it on time and to the best of my abilities. I’ve recently realized, however, that nothing I achieve really brings me happiness. I may feel relieved or proud or satisfied, but if what I’m seeking is true happiness, I have to take a break from pursuing my goals and do something kind for someone I love. When I make the time to rub my husband’s stiff neck or to cook a great meal for my family or to patiently listen to an upset friend, I experience happiness as a warm glow inside. It’s not earthshaking, but it’s ultimately so much more fulfilling than conventional success.