Daily Inspirational Quote October 11 2014

“If I’m such a legend, why am I so lonely?” – Judy Garland

The Wizard of Oz is my all-time favorite movie. Every time I watch it, I find myself wondering about Judy Garland, and how anyone so talented and beautiful could have been so miserable as to take her own life. It reminds me that the “most popular” people are ironically sometimes very lonely. Many of us are too intimidated by celebrities, community leaders and gifted teachers to reach out to them as potential friends, or treat them as “real” people. When you meet someone you admire and you’re shy because you fear they’ll reject you, remember Judy Garland, and be as warm and open as you’d be with anyone else. You’ll bestow kindness on people who may need it more than you’d expect, and you may just bless yourself with great and admirable friends.