Daily Inspirational Quote October 10 2014

“Discernment is not simply about resisting what is evil, self-absorbed or destructive. It is about foundational identity. It is about who we know ourselves ultimately to be.” – Wendy M. Wright

While my husband and I are happy together, we are very different in some ways. For example, I like artistic, meaningful films, while he prefers violent action movies. The other night I went to the video store, and in an effort to please him, I rented “Phone Booth,” a thriller about a man who is held captive in a phone booth in the middle of New York City by an obsessed sniper. At least, I think that’s what it was about. After about 15 minutes of gratuitous profanity and shockingly vulgar scenes, I decided that neither I nor my teenage son (who had talked me into letting him watch it) would be wise to pollute our minds and souls with any more of this psychic garbage. We are told from the time we’re able to walk and talk to “finish what we start,” but as soon as we realize that what we’ve begun is not going to bring us joy or any other benefit, it’s foolish to continue.