Daily Inspirational Quote June 19 2014

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
- Winston Churchill


I often say that to be disliked by someone you consider immoral or despicable is a great compliment. Too many people keep their mouths shut when they witness an injustice, a horrible attitude or some other wrongdoing. The other day in the grocery store I saw a couple arguing. The young man threatened to leave his girlfriend there and drive away if she didn’t agree with him. My head was saying, “This is not your business!” but my heart said, “Act on your kind impulse!” I approached the woman and told her if she needed a ride somewhere, I’d be happy to take her. The young man turned red and quickly backed down, and they ended up leaving together. I don’t know what effect my intercession had, but I trust that when my heart is burning with indignation, my spirit is urging me to stand up for what is right.