Daily Inspirational Message for November 28, 2013

In India when we meet and part we often say ‘Namaste.’ I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honor the place in you of love, of light, of truth, of peace. I honor the place within you where if you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us. Namaste.  – Ram Das

Years ago, I did this little experiment where in my mind and heart, I said ‘Namaste’ or ‘The Divine in me honors the divine in thee’ silently to myself whenever I met someone or interacted with them. I have to tell you: it totally changed the quality of my interactions with people. Sometimes, the effect was obvious and dramatic. For example, someone might say something like, ‘There is something about you that just feels so good; I just love talking to you!’ Other times, people were still abrupt, cranky or rude as people tend to be, but I would walk away from the interaction still shining bright with peace and well-being, and lightly but sincerely wishing them a better day. Try it for yourself: open your heart to the people you meet, and greet them on the inside like they are your oldest and dearest friends. It will bless you with a certain something that can’t quite be put into words, but which feels really wonderful and makes life seem all the more worth living.