Daily Inspirational Message for November 22, 2013

The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
– William James

Sometimes I get myself all worked up, thinking that some plan that is really important to me is not going to work out. The more I feel like I have to find a way to make it work, the more anxious I get. Eventually, I reach a tipping point where I just can’t take it anymore, at which point I stop caring and surrender the outcome completely. That’s the ultimate stress buster, for when I let go of needing things to be the way I think they should be, I realize that if things don’t go according to plan, I’ll just find a different – and hopefully easier – path. Maybe you will get something you’ve been longing for, and maybe you won’t. Maybe whatever you consider ‘a disaster’ will happen, and maybe it won’t. Either way, it can all be okay. When we shed the fear behind our attachment to certain outcomes, we align with a peaceful, easy feeling, and a more enjoyable journey through whatever life sends our way.