My 94-Year-Old Dad Talks About COVID-19

"I want to try to get a better handle on this global situation by looking at the past, to see how humanity dealt with similar challenging situations. I'm not talking history books or documentaries-- I'm talking about real thoughts from someone who has been around the block -- namely, my dad (Dr. James Algiers), who at 94 has experienced many world events, and as a physician has treated thousands of people with all sorts of conditions. He's always been there to give me a perspective on all aspects of life, and even a global pandemic wasn't going to stop me from asking him his thoughts. Thank God for FaceTime and iPhones for making it possible to get as close to "face-to-face" as possible given the current situation." 

What follows is a candid interview Abbey Algiers conducted with her father weeks before his passing.