Living Medicine: On Plant Intelligence and Natural Healing

"Every time some new evidence of plant-based intelligence intrudes on my awareness, it confronts perspectives about the world that I inherited from my culture or my family or my schooling, and some portion of that received worldview crumbles, and something new takes its place. The world is a great deal different than we have been led to believe. In fact, we know very little about what goes on here. The ancient Athenians had a word for that moment when some intangible part of ourselves leaves our bodies and touches a living intelligence in the world: aisthesis. There is an exchange of soul essence accompanied by a gasp of recognition, a deep breath, an inspiration." In this compelling interview Stephen Harrod Buhner shares profound insights into the spirit and science behind plant intelligence and natural healing.