What Qi Gong Taught One Doctor About Healing

"I first met Master Mingtong Gu 8 years ago. A friend had invited me to his studio in Petaluma, CA, for a qigong workshop. Qi (chee) means life-force energy, gong means cultivation. Slow, easy movements. Low risk enough. And evidence-based. I was a doctor of internal medicine, trained to think critically and methodically, cautious of anything that might fall into the realm of "miracles." But I was also desperate. I had suffered for years with complex autoimmune illnesses, including Hashimotos thyroiditis and chronic fatigue syndromethe shadow conditions of Western medicine." Cynthia Li shares a stirring first-hand account of her introduction to Qi Gong, and insights into the profound shifts this ancient practice catalyzed in her life.


Read Article