Singing to Tomatoes

"Modern biological science has developed highly sensitive tools that perceive the continuous movement of living cells, including plant cells; movement that creates a fluctuating rhythm. This knowledge seems to match the insights of indigenous science, these ancient ways of knowing that also perceive the vibration of plants, their song. But they perceive it through other states of consciousness, through the heart's perception rather than the senses we usually employ in the world of matter. On this day, is it my heart's response to tomatoes that allows me to perceive their song? Is my impulse to sing to the tomatoes because they are singing to me? Are they always singing? Is this the day I perceive the sensitivity and delicateness of their song?" A writer-gardener shares more in this poetic reflection.

http://www.dailygood.org/story/1507/singing-to-tomatoes-alanda-greene/