Sifting: A Means to Cleanse Yourself of Another’s Energy

by Cindy Attar
Many times we run across people who have negative energy, are angry, or are harboring hatred. I suppose if people want to be this way, it is okay. However, their negative energy often rubs off on those of us who don't want it! If you are a highly sensitive person like I am, I'm sure you've noticed that once you've been around someone who is angry, you get a bit irritable yourself, and then you may pass that along to the next person you are in contact with, who passes it along to someone else, and so on.
Once you become aware of this cycle, there is something you can do to get other people's gunk out of you. Following is a great technique I call Sifting. It isn't necessary to get into a hypnotic state for this to work effectively. The beauty of Sifting is that Sifting can be done at work, in public, at home, or anywhere in just a couple of seconds. (Note: On occasion when the personal connection is ultra strong, this technique may not work as well as it does with those you are not as emotionally invested in. However, Sifting will successfully clear you about 90% of the time.)
Pretend, visualize, or imagine there is a fine mesh screen, rectangular in size. This screen is the width and depth of your body, around three feet wide by two feet in depth. It has a wood frame around the perimeter with two handles, one on each end. The exact vision of the screen is not too important, as long as it is big enough to encompass your body. Now, take hold of the side handles of the screen, and imagine putting it down below your feet. Then take the screen and sift (move side to side), sifting each body part through this fine mesh screen.
Starting with your feet, sift your feet through the screen. Note any black spots (imagination is an important tool!) that you find in your body. These are indicators of other people's stuff within you. As you sift your energy, all the black spots will collect onto the screen.
Next, move the screen up through your legs, sifting all the while. Continue this sifting all the way up through your torso. Go back and forth with the screen and accumulate onto the screen all the black spots within. Continue up your body and through your head. When you have sifted your whole being, fling all the black spots off the screen and send them up to the universe to be transmuted, changed, or just taken away from you. Now repeat the process. While you should notice a lot less of the black spots this time, you may also note that you need to sift a particular area of your body a couple of extra times. (Gunk seems to collect in my head, so I have to sift a couple times in that area.)
Once you sift your entire body a few times, you then can shorten up the process until it only takes about five seconds to sift your entire body, get out the black spots, and send them up to the universe. I like to actually use my hands in a physical back and forth sifting motion. Although I don't bend down as far as my feet, I imagine my screen starting at my feet while my hands physically only go as far down as my thighs. Then, as I move upwards in my body, I physically move my hands left and right very quickly as I travel up my torso, my chest, and through my head, throwing all the black spots up to the universe. On the final sift-through, go ahead and send the entire screen up to the universe.
In my experience, a more positive effect is achieved when you actually move your arms and hands back and forth appropriately while sifting. This could simply be a result of my own beliefs and expectations, but it's worth giving it a try to see if it works best for you that way as well. I'm sure if you simply imagine the entire process, it will work great for you - if you believe it will. Within a minute or two of performing this sifting process, you should feel a vast difference in your energy. You will forget the emotions you were experiencing, if they were from another. (If the emotions are from you, Sifting may not get rid of them.) Sifting is an incredible tool to help you from being influenced by others.
You can use Sifting to remove any gunk from a chair, a room, any inanimate object, a building, a car, or even a neighborhood. Sifting can be used in DIY healing to remove unwanted gunk from any injury, illness, or ailment. Use your imagination to come up with other ways that Sifting can be helpful. Now you have a dynamite and very effective means to help yourself whenever someone's negative energy has rubbed off on you.
To promote even more positive energy, please share this work with others.