Divination by Scrying: A Second Sight

by Marianna Boncek

(Article originally published in The Llewellyn Journal.)

My interest in scrying started when I bought an “authentic gypsy crystal ball” at an auction house in rural upstate New York. I have no idea whether the crystal ball ever truly belonged to a gypsy or not, but it was a beautiful peace of glass, and I had a keen interest in the metaphysical so I bought my first scrying tool, totally clueless as how to use it.

Scrying, sometimes called “crystal gazing” is a technique by which a person “gazes” into anything reflective. However, most people use a crystal ball or a scrying mirror. Scrying mirrors are concave opaque pieces of glass. They are very beautiful. However, you can scry on just about any reflective surface; a bowl of water, a piece of metal, a mirror, etc. Some people can even scry in smoke, flames, etc.

The purpose of scrying is to gain information. Some people believe this information is given clairvoyantly or psychically. Others believe the scrying technique simply clears the mind so information from the Universe ...

http://kajama.com/divination-scrying-second-sight-2/