Are You An Adrenaline Addict?

"The other day I was driving home and a text chimed in on my phone. It was one of those really important texts that makes you do stupid things like respond while you are driving. Which I nearly did. Instead, I pulled over, and started letting my fingers fly on the tiny keyboard...Before I could finish the text, I realized something interesting. I was actually addicted to that brief moment of relief delivered by responding to that text right away." In this insightful piece Kelly Wendorf reflects on how, "modern culture's framing of time drives an artificial sense of urgency," and offers up a shift in perception that just might bring us to a place of greater wisdom and power. Also included in the piece -- a quick "Are You An Adrenaline Addict" self-test...

http://www.dailygood.org/story/961/are-you-an-adrenaline-addict-by-kelly-wendorf/