Decorate for Christmas Like The Ancients - Kala Ambrose

Decorate Like the Ancients with Boughs of Evergreen and Holly.

I admit it, I’m a tree lover. I’ve written poetry and short stories about trees and have an ongoing crush with a gorgeous river birch tree in my backyard. I feel confident that several of my past lives were spent as part of a Druid community and trees hold a special place in my heart.

At this time of year, one of my favorite sights and smells of the holiday season in the home is the greenery. Ancient cultures celebrated bringing in the green for thousands of years, adorning their homes with evergreen branches and boughs and adding a little mistletoe to keep the season merry and bright.

I’m known for my tree decorating skills and have an elaborate seven stage decorating ritual for my Christmas trees. Yes, I said trees, as I’m known to have several around the home each year.  With all that I love during the holidays, there’s one aspect to tree decorating that I’ve never been comfortable with, which is the tradition popularized in the Victorian age of chopping ...

http://kajama.com/decorate-christmas-like-ancients/#sthash.MHoz7RYe.dpbs