Daily Inspirational Quote October 13 2014

“Wherever you are is always the right place. There is never a need to fix anything, to hitch up the bootstraps of the soul and start at some higher place. Start right where you are.” – Julia Cameron

While it’s wise to visualize our hopes and dreams, when we live in resistance or denial of any aspect of our current reality, we dis-empower ourselves from changing it. To offer a simple example, for years I tried to eat right and work out, but I was very opposed to getting on a scale or having my body fat measured. When a personal trainer unexpectedly decided to measure my body fat one day, I was in shock to find that I’d been living in denial for a long time. Since then, I’ve begun to really make new progress towards my goals. To accurately map the best course to any destination, we have to know from where we’re departing.