Daily Inspirational Message – May 22, 2014

“To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die.
If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
- Alan Cohen


I recently attended school conferences for my teenage son, and heard the same thing from all of his teachers: “He’s a delight to have in class. He’s articulate, interested, bright, respectful, polite. He has fantastic test scores. Now if only he would do his homework…” Instead of scolding him, I told him I was proud of him. When he was surprised, I explained that I believe he will be fine in life so long as he is a good person and feels he deserves happiness and well-being. We all have to love ourselves in order to make wise efforts on our own behalf. So long as we believe that we are basically okay as people, and we treat others as we would wish to be treated, we will find a way to be “okay” regardless of what we encounter in life.