Daily Inspirational Message for March 16, 2014

“If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.”
- Marc Chagall


I recently had a “discussion” about hurt feelings with my husband that began well but soon degenerated because I wanted him to explain why he felt the way he did, and he just couldn’t do it. He said, “I don’t know why, I just do.” As I couldn't accept this answer, the conversation just got worse and worse. As I look back on it, I realize that if I had let go of intellectual understanding and simply tried to find compassion for his pain, we could have reconnected instead of moving farther apart energetically. Insisting on logic in the complex world of emotion is often like trying to drive a car through the ocean. Instead of taking us where we really want to go, we just end up cold, wet, and with more obstacles to reaching our true destination than we had before.