Daily Inspirational Message for December 18, 2013

To the poet, to the philosopher, to the saint, all things are friendly and sacred, all events profitable, all days holy, all men divine.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someday, I hope I am able to get past my endlessly judging mind and, like a jolly, laughing Buddha, peacefully smile upon all transgressors, bless those who curse me, and laugh in the face of danger. Maybe I will be able to love all of myself – my cellulite, my know-it-all tendencies, and my endless hunger for more – and maybe I won’t. I do know that when I stop trying so hard and simply look for the beauty in everything and everyone, when I am kind to myself and everyone else for not being ‘perfect enough,’ the whole world softens. I then remember that walking a spiritual path may not be easy, but it is ultimately simple: it’s just a matter of choosing love in each moment, of choosing love again and again and again.