Daily Inspirational Message for November 15, 2013

Do not resist events that move you out of your comfort zone, especially when your comfort zone was not all that comfortable.
– Alan Cohen

Years ago, I had a friend who despised her job. Every time we met, she talked endlessly about how much she hated it, and how desperate she was to leave it, and yet she never did a thing to try to make that happen. For more than a decade, she remained miserably stuck. Then one day, she told me the ‘terrible’ news that she had been fired! To my surprise, she was more distraught than ever as she wondered what she would do now. I told her the Universe had done her a favor that she had been unable to do for herself: Like a mother bird kicking her baby out of the nest, the Universe had forced her to find her wings. The next time I saw her, she had found a whole new way to make a living, and was happier than I had ever seen her before. In my view, there is a really sad aspect of this otherwise happy story: it’s the ten years she spent in misery that she could have been enjoying her life if only she hadn’t been afraid to let go of the status quo. Change can feel scary, but resisting change can be even scarier. If you haven’t been happy where you are for some time now, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by moving on.