Beyond Hope: Letting Go of a World in Collapse

"The rapid acceleration of violent events around the globe: the uprising of religious fundamentalism, xenophobia, homophobia, speciesism, misogyny, societal breakdown, mass animal die-offs, the unparalleled disintegration of the cryosphere, and the rapid decay of our very biosphere; it all weighs heavy on my mind and heart. There is no denying that we are living through what scientists are calling, the 6th Great Extinction Event. These are indeed unprecedented times.[...]

The bottom line is that I don't write for comfort. I don't write to make friends. I don't write to preserve the status quo. I write to rattle cages until the locks fall off. I write to demolish old paradigms. I write to give voice to the voiceless: animals, Earth, and the Soul. I write to make hearts bleed with grief, and heal from Self reclamation. I write to shock, anger, irritate, and destroy the ignorance of antiquated belief systems. I write to bring light to the critical conversations that are swept under the rug and spotlight the cracks in our consciousness that have separated us from life."More in this excerpt from Deb Ozarko's book, 'Beyond Hope.'


Read Article