Seeking Solitude in Nature: A Meditation Teacher's Story

"By the time we're 60, we will have been alive for almost 22,000 days on this planet, rarely, if ever, stopping to watch just one. By immersion into nature in solitude, we allow the natural human to become entrained to the nature of the planet we are part of. I had been camping in solitude in nature -- on a hill over the ocean on the coast of California -- as I have done twice a year for the past 20+ years. I jokingly call it my "People Fast", which I have always assumed I needed since, as a meditation teacher and an actress, what I do in the world involves intense and intimate interactions with people, and I figured that we always need an opportunity to "clear out" and refresh or reground ourselves. But there is more to it than that -- at least for me." Meditation teacher Stephanie Nash shares more.


Read Article