Gratefulness Embraces Parkinson's

"I was diagnosed with Parkinson's just over three years ago when I was 50. Receiving the diagnosis from a matter-of-fact doctor was a traumatizing experience, and I felt that my life and my family's identity had collapsed. Life was difficult and still is difficult, yet something amazing is beginning to happen. I have slowly started to shift my attitude from the anger, fear, and loneliness brought on by the Parkinson's and the grim predictions of a Parkinson's future to a more body-based feeling of gratefulness for the wholeness of life as I experience it second by second. I have discovered not only profound wonder and indebtedness for the gift of my life and relationships but also a physical softening in the area of my heart and a growing ability to feel with my body joy, awe, and the interconnectedness that is hidden in plain sight all around us." Tim Roberts shares more.

https://gratefulness.org/blog/gratefulness-embraces-parkinsons/