All My Best Words Were Hers: A Tribute to Ursula Le Guin

The impact of literature and specifically, an author, on a person can be "unfathomable." In this tender tribute, Isaac Yuen recounts the many ways Ursula K. Le Guin influenced his life and his writing. He admits he is "only a fan." He confesses his inadequacy in expressing how her work guides his: "I write about how reading her words transported me to strange worlds and into new souls, how that sparked my own journeys as a reader and a writer. The sentiment is trite. I steal her own words to say what she already knows. I cannot say what I mean. I cannot find the way." And yet, he does. With profound love, he shares the legacy she leaves for him and the world.

https://entropymag.org/remembering-ursula-k-le-guin-a-literacy-narrative/