Inspirational Quote – July 05, 2018

“Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”

Are you like me and prone to being more or less at the beck and call of everybody and everything? I thought so! It has taken me a very long time to learn and actually be able to say NO when I should do. There have been people in my past who thought that anytime they needed me to be somewhere, do something, or just create my day around them, that I would be happy to drop everything I might have already planned and just do it. I am happy to tell you that this changed the day I realized that MY time was precious. Not their fault but mine for allowing them to use me this way until it practically became a way of life. Then one day I “woke” up and decided that I wasn’t going to be available or “on call” unless it suited me. It wasn’t easy and took a while for everybody to get the message but I am happy to say that they did and now I am in control of MY time, nobody else.

CathiBew.co.uk