Working with Your Team

An Excerpt from Seven Cups of Consciousness by Aleya Dao

You may remember that as a child you sensed a presence around you. You might have called this presence by a particular name or just thought of it as your imaginary friend. You may have had several “friends” you talked to during the day. Perhaps they were there for you in the middle of the night if you woke with a fright.

Your friends — your guides and your Team — are all still around you. These beings of love and light can help you. They can support and buffer energy for you. In fact, the primary purpose of your Team is to protect you and to model a connected, balanced, and supportive energy to you. (I capitalize Team when referring to this group of energy beings to emphasize their importance in your life.)

Your Team is similar to your angelic guides, but they never leave you. Your guides, who are beings like archangels or Ascended Masters, come and go, depending on your needs and circumstances.

Your Team is unique to you. Each one of your Team members is here to grow, evolve, and assist you as you journey through life. They are not fragments of you. Rather, they hold their own consciousness, which is similar to your level of consciousness. Your Team may be a little less or a little more evolved than you, but not by much. Think of it like a baseball team. You would not put individuals from a Little League team in with professional players. You are all players on a field holding similar interests, agendas, and levels of mastery.

Your Team has influenced your life since birth. We have all had previous lives and will have future lives in this world or possibly in other realms. If your Team has been with you for several incarnations, you will share experiences and memories.

As your Team members encircle you in another dimension, they influence your state of being and what you create. You will empathically feel the vibrations, emotions, and consciousness they are holding inside themselves. When your Team holds a peaceful energy, you will feel peaceful. If they are anxious, you will feel their anxiety. When you invite your Team to cultivate the inner qualities that support them, you will be positively empathically affected.

When you get acquainted with your Team, you will no longer feel alone on the playing field. Life stops being such a struggle. You can ask your Team to hold energies that assist you instead of limiting you. Using your Team gives you access to amazing resources in different dimensions.

If you are feeling unsupported, your Team might be sleeping on the job. Like any team members, they need coaching, leadership, direction, and purpose. You are the leader. If you would like greater support in your life, now would be a good time to wake up your Team members and get them to huddle around you.

Use this protocol for a quick Team huddle: “I ask my Higher Self to connect with my Team Members’ Higher Selves, and I ask my Team members at the level of their Higher Selves to encircle me in the higher realms in a way that is loving, supportive, and empowering. I ask that they hold connection, love, and peace in themselves.” Take a moment and imagine your Team encircling you in the higher realms.

After my awakening, I could clearly hear and feel my Team members. They would tell me things that were about to happen. They would advise me on big and small matters, such as what lettuce to buy, what meditation I should do to help release a particular challenge, and whom I should date. I ignored the guidance a few times, and suffered the consequences. After a few calamities, I decided that listening to my Team was in my best interest.

Working with Your Team
Your Team may appear to you as a group or as individuals. I have seen as many as fifteen members on a Team, and as few as two. Honor however you perceive your Team. Furthermore, your Team members have their own divine lines and divine sparks in the heart of Source. They also have Higher Selves that use their energy fields to shift their energy.

Ask your Team members to increase their connection to their own essence and their own divine lines. Urge your Team members to acknowledge and appreciate themselves to a greater degree. When each member acknowledges his or her own presence, you will have a much stronger sense of your Team.

Spend time talking with your Team. Invite your Team to go on a walk with you. When you go to sleep at night, make a request that you and your Team heal, release, align, and connect in healthier, happier ways.

Invite your Team members to help you. Ask them to gather appropriate information and resources. Invite them to engage in specific behaviors will that support you in your daily life. When it is tax time, I ask at least one of my Team members to put on an accounting hat so that I can engage in the task of number crunching with joy and confidence instead of dread.

When I was studying for my pilot’s license in 2006, I sent my Team off to master takeoffs and landings. The next day, I found that my piloting skills had improved dramatically. My flight instructor had no idea what had happened. She just attributed it to something inside me “clicking.” I have to give the credit to my Team. They held a certain level of mastery regarding flight. They modeled that to me, and I was empathically affected.