Daily Inspirational Quote – July 2, 2015

“Spirituality is a personal relationship with the Divine. Religion is crowd control.”

I only came across this quote recently and I must admit it did strike a chord. It really made me think more deeply about Spirituality and Religion. I have always believed that there is “something”, a higher power if you like, that inspires and challenges us all. However, I also believe that we are all entitled to our own individual, personal belief, which should be respected by everybody who knows us. To me that is Spirituality. On the other hand, I have found “Religion” to be the result of somebody else’s interpretation of how we should behave and think, and does not tolerate (however much it professes to) any deviation from its teaching. I dislike the hypocrisy involved. I will continue to live my life as spiritually as I can, as individually as I can, but that’s just me, what about you?

by CathiBew.co.uk