Authentic Expressions 
of a Wild Woman by Judy Reeves

An Excerpt from Wild Women, Wild Voices

The call to create is a calling like no other, a voice within that howls for expression, shadow longing to merge with light. — Jan Phillips

Several years ago I was asked to give a talk about women in the arts in celebration of International Women’s Day. Whew! I thought, Where do I start? And then I thought, Where do I end? Women and art have existed from the beginning of time and, as long as there is time and there are women, they always will.

When I asked the host how long I had to speak, she said about twenty minutes, “and that includes questions and answers.”

Wow! I thought this time. Twenty minutes to talk about the history of the world from the perspective of women in the arts. I could just stand at the podium and say the names of women artists and fill the afternoon. I could fill the day, right on up to dinner. I could lose my voice just saying the names of women in the ...

http://kajama.com/authentic-expressions-%E2%80%A8of-wild-woman/