Daily Inspirational Quote June 9 2014

“The total history of almost anyone would shock almost everyone.”
- Mignon McLaughlin


I recently ran into some old friends from high school, and it brought to the surface a flood of memories from a time when I sometimes failed to be as kind as I could have been. In fact, my husband was shocked by some of the stories I told him; he had trouble believing that I was once so selfish and so shallow. For a day or so I succumbed to fresh shame. Then I prayed on it and I realized that we’ve all done things we’re embarrassed about in the past, but instead of advertising those mistakes, we naturally try to hide them and forget about them. When you’re feeling down on yourself for being far from perfect, just remember that everyone else is imperfect too – you’re just more familiar with your own flaws than anyone else’s.