Daily Inspirational Message for April 21, 2014

“Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives;
where we focus our attention.”
- Greg Anderson


The other night, I began reading a novel called Lovely Bones. As the main character is a girl who is horrifically murdered, this is not the kind of book I generally read. It was given to me by a friend who urged me to be open to it, and I have to admit that it is spiritual in a powerful way, and beautifully written. As I followed the main character’s family as they dealt with their shock and grief, I found myself immensely more grateful for the safety of my own children and other loved ones than I had been just a few hours before. Focus with gratitude on all you love that is easy to take for granted, and you’ll be happy with your life just as it is.