Daily Inspirational Message for February 1, 2014

Silence is something that comes from your heart, not from outside. Silence doesn’t mean not talking and not doing things; it means that you are not disturbed inside. If you’re truly silent, then no matter what situation you find yourself in, you can enjoy the silence.
– Thich Nhat Hanh

There’s a certain state of mind we can get ourselves in where we are happy and serene no matter what. I first discovered this years ago when I had to go to a social event I was dreading because I knew it would be boring and uncomfortable for me. As I had been recently reading about the law of attraction, I decided to practice setting my own tone and having a great time regardless of what was happening around me. I ended up having all sorts of interesting exchanges and an all around lovely time. If we cultivate inner peace and well-being through daily spiritual practice, we can take it with us anywhere, and enjoy ourselves in even the most unlikely situations.