The Healing Power of Presence

"I was about 12 years old when I found out that my grandfather was born on 12/12/12. If he were alive, he would be exactly 100 years old today. I found out about his birthday, when he came to stay with us in Munich for an eye surgery. He was a diabetic and had been experiencing deterioration in his vision. At that time, it was very difficult to find an eye surgeon in Pakistan who would be able to perform the surgery. My grandfather spoke many languages, such as Punjabi, Urdu, Persian, English, Arabic and some Sanskrit, but he could not speak German. His visit occurred during my school holidays, so I was designated to be his official translator for the doctor visits and his hospital stay." This article shares the simple story of a young boy, Dr. Jalees Rehman, who served as a bridge between Urdu and German for his grandfather, highlighting presence as a powerful gift for healing others.

http://www.dailygood.org/story/633/opportunity-for-great-joy-jalees-rehman/