The Place Where I Write

"Sometimes I can't find tape to save my life, but I have all of these other objects always at my fingertips, and it is in the midst of these juxtapositions, this disorder and uncertainty, that I write. Not only does being neat and organized take time, but a tidy environment makes me feel compelled to have tidy thoughts. And never do they come that way. The disorder is freeing; may it all come any which way. May I dip into the sea of disarray and pluck out the objects that gleam in the light of the present. May I keep that which is important and push aside the rest for another day." To author Yelizaveta Renfro, everything is temporary, and she writes in the ever-changing home of "right here, right now."

http://www.dailygood.org/story/593/the-place-where-i-write-yelizaveta-renfro/