Daily Inspirational Quote August 17 2014

“I don’t know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down into the grass,
how to kneel down in the grass, how to be idle and blessed,
how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn’t everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your
one wild and precious life?”
- Mary Oliver


I wish I could say that I have spent even one day in the past year just being “idle and blessed,” but sadly, I am as caught up in “doing” as anyone. I so wish that I could put aside the endless work and responsibilities and just be me, taking each precious moment as it comes, instead of endlessly running around, adding things to my to-do list faster than I can check them off. Only when I stop now and then and really think about it do I realize how silly we are when we we’re so busy living that the best of life is passing us by.