Daily Inspirational Quote July 20 2014

“To resist the frigidity of old age, one must combine the body,
the mind and the heart – and to keep them in parallel vigor
one must exercise, study and love.”
- Karl von Bonstetten


When I graduated from college, I sighed a great sigh of relief, and then thought, “Now what?” I had done as I had been taught to do: I had earned high marks in elementary school, high school and college. Then I suddenly found myself without a map. Some people literally stop learning at this point. They settle into employment and never stretch their minds again, or they court a sweetheart with great passion and devotion, win that person over, marry, and forget how to be a lover. No wonder we worship youth; not many folks past the age of 30 are really living, learning, loving, moving and growing. To stay young, we have only to live as we did when we were young, to stretch the capacities of our minds, hearts and bodies in endless growth and development.